How to get Dominica Citizenship by Investment
Dominica citizenship by investment program started in 1993 and stays one of the most popular and reputable programs in the Caribbean. Investors get a valuable second passport and can maintain their current nationality.
About the program
- Dominica citizenship program is chosen because it is affordable, fast, and gives many benefits to the investor. The whole process can be done remotely.
- $100,000 is the minimum investment for a non-refundable contribution.
- $200,00 is the minimum investment in a government-approved real estate project.
About the country
Dominica attracts by its breathtaking nature, welcoming people, safe environment, comfortable climate, and stable economy.
Population is 75,000. The density is 96 per Km2 (249 people per mi2), which is not dense. The currency is the East Caribbean dollar (XCD). In Dominica the main language is Spanish, but English is also widely spoken. The capital is Roseau. Spending a lifetime in the Dominican Republic is an idea that would suit fans of slow life, Latin American culture, nature, and water sports. As an emerging market with great potential, the Dominican Republic is of interest to investors and can be a platform for the development of bold plans. And it is also a good start for emigrating to the U.S. or a big trip to Latin America.
Benefits of Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
- Processing time. Normally it will take 3-4 months to obtain Dominica citizenship by investment.
- Visa-free travel. 143 countries are open for Dominica passports with visa-free or visa-on-arrival, including, Singapore, the UK, and European Union.
- Easy Entrance. You can apply without a language test and minimum stay, there are no restrictions on dual citizenship. All can be done remotely.
- Tax relief. No tax on foreign income, dividends, gifts, wealth, and inheritance tax.
- Access for the whole family. Possibility to add 4 generations, including grandparents of the main applicant and spouse, children under 30, and siblings to the one application.
- Comfortable life. Dominica is known as a pearl of the Caribbean, with its stunning nature, comfortable climate, and high quality of everyday life.
Visa-free periods of stay:
- Schengen zone – up to 90 days per half year;
- United Kingdom – up to 180 days per year;
- Singapore – up to 30 days per year;
- Hong Kong – up to 90 days per year.
Also, you can get a tourist visa to the USA for 10 years. The B1/B2 visa entitles you to visit the United States for business or leisure purposes. Visa documents are accepted by US consulates in any country where entry with a Dominica passport is permitted.
Type of Investment for Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
So how to get Dominica citizenship by investment program? The country offers individuals 2 options – investing in real estate or making a donation to the Government. The first option is more expensive but more popular as gives you an income and the
possibility of a buy-back option after 5 years, which is the required minimum for holding the investment.
- $100,000 is the minimum amount to transfer to Economic Development Fund. It is $150,000 for a couple; $175,000 for a amily of 4. This is a non-refundable contribution.
- 200,000 is the minimum investment in real estate projects approved by the Government. An individual pays for property and other fees only after citizenship is approved by the authorities.
Please contact us and we will help you to find the best strategy according to your priorities for obtaining citizenship by investment.
Who can apply for Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program? Here are requirements for an investor:
- Age above 18 years old
- Clean criminal record
- Medical certificate of general good health
Citizenship is transferable to new spouses and future generations. Here are the requirements for a family:
- Children under 30 years
- Parents and grandparents of the main applicant or spouse
- Unmarried siblings of the main applicant without children and under 26
How to apply for Dominica citizenship. The timeline.
Dominica citizenship by investment program is one of the oldest and easiest programs. Clear steps and the absence of long waiting make it attractive for investors. Invest Citizenship will recommend you lawyers or advisors with great experience who will guide you and support you until you will receive your passport. Please see here the full scale of our services.
Step 1 (1 month). Prepare all the necessary documents such as criminal record, and medical certificate from your side. If you invest in real estate, you need to present a sale agreement with a developer approved by the government.
Step 2 (2 months). Submit the application. First Due Diligence is made by Government, then authorities make a decision. After you get the approval you need to finalize your investment and provide proof of payment.
Step 3 (1 month). Time might be different in the case of real estate investment. After final approval, Citizenship Certificates and passports of Dominica are issued. It is a completely remote procedure.
On July 19th 2023, Dominican government announced they would conduct mandatory interview for all applicants over 16 years old. Interview can be done personally or online and is considered as part of Due diligence process.
The due diligence fees for Iranian citizens have risen. Under the updated regulations, an Iranian family of four, eligible under the EDF contribution option, will now pay around $251,800, compared to the previous fee of $201,300.
Citizenship of Dominica allows cosmopolitans visa-free entry to Great Britain, Hong Kong, and Singapore. This status helps develop international business and optimize taxes. You can obtain a Dominica passport by investment in 2 to 6 months investing $100,000 in the country's economy.
Getting Dominica citizenship by investment will cost:
- 233,500$ for Investor
- 247,500$ for investor and spouse
- 251,500$ for spouse and children ages 15 and 19
If you decided to go the second way, the cost will be lower. Investors put money into the Economic Diversification Fund to obtain citizenship through an investment program. The contribution is charitable and is not returned to the investor. The amount invested without including fees will be:
- For the investor, $100,000;
- for the investor and a family member (spouse, child, parent) – $150,000;
- for a family of up to four people – $175,000.
- For each family member after the fourth, there is a $25,000 surcharge. For a brother or sister between the ages of 18 and 25, double the fee, $50,000.