How to get Turkey Citizenship by Investment
Turkey Citizenship by Investment program was launched in January 2017 and allows high net-worth individuals to obtain citizenship by investing in real estate or making other contributions to the Turkish economy. The program has been a big success as a Turkish passport gives a lot of benefits to investors.
About the program
The program has a simple process of obtaining citizenship with profitable investments. Investors don’t have to give up their first citizenship and have access to the European and Asian economies.
The minimum Investment is $400,000. It is purchasing real estate. It is a usually freehold property with guaranteed income. There are more options to invest but with higher amounts.
Usually, the whole process will take 3-4 months after submission of the application to approval to obtain citizenship by investment.
About the country
Turkey has a rich history and transcontinental culture. Surrounded by three seas, it is a popular destination for travel and life. Being on the cross between East and West, it is a combination of a dynamic diverse economy, multinational population, and great opportunities. Population: 84,75 mln. Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY). Language: Turkish. Capital: Ankara.
Turkish economy is driven by the manufacturing sector, it is a leading industry with agriculture and tourism playing a significant role. Turkey has a mainly Mediterranean climate. It has hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters.
Benefits of Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program
The program is popular among investors because of the simple and quick process of obtaining citizenship. Turkey is a hub between Europe and Asia, it attracts economic opportunities.
- Easy process. You can apply without previous residency, or language test, and keep your previous citizenship.
- Visa-free travel. 110 countries are visa-free for holders of Turkish passports. Destinations like Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea are available
- Profitable investment. The real estate market in Turkey gives a high level of annual yields from rental.
- Access to USA E-2 visa in the USA. You can apply for E-2 Investor Visa in the USA, it will give you the right to work and live there. Visa is renewable every 5 years.
- Rich experience of life. Being on the cross between West and East Turkey is known as a multicultural country with rich history and is welcoming different nationalities.
Type of Investment for Turkey Citizenship by Investment Program
Turkey offers various options for investing, depending on the individuals’ preferences, but almost all of them have different returns on investment. Purchasing the property is the most popular so far. All programs have a minimum retention period, which is 3 years.
- $400,000 – Minimum investment in real estate to obtain citizenship. You can buy one or several properties
- $500,000 – Minimum fixed capital contribution
- $500,000 – Investing in government bonds
- $500,000 – Real estate investment fund or venture capital investment fund
- $500,000 – Deposit in a Turkish bank account
- Creating 50 new jobs. There is no minimum amount of investment required, but the holding period is still 3 years
Please contact us and we will help you to find the best strategy according to your priorities for obtaining citizenship by investment.
Who can apply for Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program?
Here are the requirements for an investor:
- Age above 18 years old
- Clean criminal record
- Must not have stayed illegally in Turkey in the past
- Keep investment minimum for 3 years
Here are the requirements for a family:
- Children under 18 years
- Children from other marriages ( with the consent of the second parent)
- Parents who are supported by the applicant
How to apply for Turkey citizenship. The timeline
Turkish citizenship by investment program has an easy process with simple steps. One of the most important stages is paperwork. Invest Citizenship will recommend you lawyers or advisors with great experience who will guide you and support you until you will receive your passport. Please see here the full scale of our services.
Step 1 (1-2 weeks)
Get the Turkish taxpayer ID number.
Open a bank account in Turkey and deposit the necessary amount of funds. It is possible to do it remotely with help of advisors.
Step 2 (1 week)
Choose the right type of Investment eligible for the citizenship by investment program. Transfer the funds to your Turkish Bank account and make the required investment.
Step 3 (1 month)
Get a Certificate of Eligibility. Apply to a certain Government department according to the type of Investment you made. For real estate, it is the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization.
Step 4 (2-3 weeks)
Get a short-term residency permit for you and your family by applying to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management. It can be done remotely by lawyers/advisors without you coming to Turkey.
Step 5 (4 months)
Apply for citizenship at the Provincial Directorate of Census and Citizenship of the settlement. There is no need for physical presence or interview for the application process, it is made by lawyers.
Step 6 (4 months)
Receive approval of application; it normally takes up to 120 days but can be facilitated. A passport is valid for 10 years with no need to renew until its expiration date.
Turkish citizenship by investment program is a great option for individuals who want to get a second passport with a great venue. A passport of Turkey allows you to travel visa-free to many countries and at the same time to have profitable investment.
The minimum amount of investment in real estate is $400,000. Citizenship by investment program offers many options to invest in the Turkish economy but the amount is higher and it is $500,000. The process of obtaining Turkish citizenship by investment is transparent and easy. It will take up to three months to finish the whole process and get a passport for you and your family.