How to get Spain Golden Visa
Spain Golden Visa was launched in 2013 and so far it is one of the most popular residency by investment programs in Europe. It gives visa-free travel in the EU, profitable investment, and the possibility of receiving citizenship.
About the program
Spain Golden Visa Program guarantees the right to live and work in Spain by investing in the Spanish economy. The minimum Investment is €500,000 in real estate. You can buy one or several properties. The investment must be held for renewals. Depending on the type of investment and documentation process, it will take 3-6 months to obtain a residency card.
About the country
Spain is a member of the EU and one of the best tourist destinations; it has a strong economy and high quality of life. Population: 47 mln. Currency: Euro (EUR). Language: Spanish. Capital: Madrid.
Spain has a stable and diversified economy. It includes manufacturing, financial services, chemicals pharmaceuticals, textiles, and strong tourism industry. The climate in Spain is mild oceanic, with mild and rainy winters, and cool and sunny summers.
Benefits of Spain Golden Visa
Spanish residency by investment program opens door to life in European Union for the whole family.
- Free travel in the EU. Golden Visa allows its holder to visit the countries of the Schengen area (29 countries) without obtaining additional visas. A Spanish passport gives you access to 188 countries without a visa.
- No requirement to stay. You are not obliged to visit Spain every year to keep your Golden Visa.
- Spanish Passport. You can apply for Spanish nationality if you have Golden Visa for 10 years and you reside in Spain at least 183 days per year.
- Opportunities. You and your family have the right to live, work, and study in Spain, a country with social and political security, and economic opportunities.
- There is an excellent healthcare system, a safe environment, international education, and a stable economy.
Type of Investment for Spain Golden Visa
Spanish residency by investment program offers several options for investing. Most of the time individuals choose to purchase the property with guaranteed income.
- €500,000 – The acquisition of real estate. You can buy one or several, any type of properties, but the total amount of investment has to be a minimum €500,000.
- €1,000,000 – Buy shares in a company or deposit funds in a Spanish bank.
- €2,000,000 – An investment in government bonds.
- Creating a project – An Investor needs to start a business project, provide jobs, make a social and economic impact, and be of scientific or technological interest.
Please contact us and we will help you to find the best strategy according to your priorities for obtaining citizenship by investment.
Who can apply for Spain Golden Visa program?
Requirements for an investor:
- Any citizen of a non-EU and EFTA country
- Age above 18 years old
- Clean criminal record
- Medical insurance
Requirements for a family:
- Spouse or unmarried partner
- Children under 18 years
- Adult children, supported by one or both spouses, who are not married, as well as students
- Parents over 65 years old and supported by one or both spouses
How to apply for residency in Spain. The timeline.
Obtaining permanent residency in Spain through an investment Program is relatively easy. The whole process with each step is listed below. One of the most important stages is paperwork. Invest Citizenship will recommend you a local lawyer with great experience who will guide and support you until you receive your residency card. Please see here the full scale of our services.
Step 1 (1-2 weeks)
Choose the right type of Investment, and find a lawyer who will do the paperwork. Make the investment. You can visit Spain to choose a property, but for this, you need to apply for Tourist Visa first.
Step 2 (1 month)
Submit an application for residence visa to the nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate. It gives you the right to live in Spain, Visa is valid for 1 year.
Step 3 (1 month)
Submit an application for a residency permit. You need to visit Spain for submitting biometric information. First Visa is valid for 2 years. There is no minimum stay requirement to keep Golden Visa.
Step 4 (After 2 years)
After 2 years you can renew your Spanish residency card for 5 years. You must maintain your investment. You can change the type of investment, but the total amount has to be as required.
Step 5 (After 5 years)
After 5 years or a residency permit, you can apply for a permanent long-term permit. There is an additional requirement for this type of permit, living in Spain.
Step 6 (After 10 years)
If you plan to obtain Spanish citizenship, after 10 years of Golden Visa you can apply for a passport. Additional requirements are a language test, a Spanish citizenship test, and living in Spain for at least 183 days per year.
Spanish golden Visa is one of the most popular residency by investment programs in Europe. It gives access to visa-free travel to 26 countries in Schengen Zone. It also gives the opportunity after 10 years to obtain citizenship in Spain. The most popular investment is real estate, the minimum investment required is €500,000.
People choose Spanish Golden Visa because they want to access to European Union and to have residency in a country with a stronger economical situation and the all benefits of life in Europe.
We hope this guide has been helpful. If you are interested in this Visa, we are happy to give you detailed information via call or Zoom meeting. We analyze your situation from different perspectives, give full support in the process. We advice you about the optimal investment and best strategy to use in your case. You can schedule a meeting at a suitable time here.